Thursday, January 12, 2006
Before You Hate Me For Liking the NY Times More Than Pitchfork...
let me explain.
Pitchfork, which I usually like, writes an unnecessarily harsh review of Morningwood. NY Times goes BIKING with Morningwood and doesn't judge (I found this out on Brooklyn Vegan.)
Imagine if the NY Times decided to go biking with Led Zeppelin in the '70's? They would have been biking through the land of ice and snow (groan) with hooded figures all around an old man carrying hay walking slowly behind them, telling the journalist that the article should be untitled. "At least call the article 'Zoso'," he says with an exasperated sigh later on.
One more reason NY Times is cooler than Pitchfork -- NY Times recognizes Demetri Martin's genius ; Pitchfork rips David Cross a new hairless asshole.
One more reason and that's it, I swear: Pitchfork is cool in that they let David Cross roast them; NY Times is cooler because they have an essay from Demetri Martin on sledding.
Biking? Sledding? Now that's what I call action news!
Pitchfork, which I usually like, writes an unnecessarily harsh review of Morningwood. NY Times goes BIKING with Morningwood and doesn't judge (I found this out on Brooklyn Vegan.)
Imagine if the NY Times decided to go biking with Led Zeppelin in the '70's? They would have been biking through the land of ice and snow (groan) with hooded figures all around an old man carrying hay walking slowly behind them, telling the journalist that the article should be untitled. "At least call the article 'Zoso'," he says with an exasperated sigh later on.
One more reason NY Times is cooler than Pitchfork -- NY Times recognizes Demetri Martin's genius ; Pitchfork rips David Cross a new hairless asshole.
One more reason and that's it, I swear: Pitchfork is cool in that they let David Cross roast them; NY Times is cooler because they have an essay from Demetri Martin on sledding.
Biking? Sledding? Now that's what I call action news!