Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Kidz Bop Watch
See, that's what I like about the web. It allows for conversation. Brooklyn Vegan linked to my post (thanks, Mr. Vegan) of how Kidz Bop beat out the Arctic Monkeys. Well, now I must link to him because he linked to these articles and pointed out how big this Kidz Bop crap is.
Love the NY times article. Here are some choice quotes:
The lack of stars also keeps costs down, because the child singers, who change with each album, are hardly in a position to ask for more money
Record stores hope that the desire for a physical product rubs off on young people.
"It's useful that they are holding in their hands something tangible," Mr. Balsam of Razor and Tie said. "It's connecting kids to music as something you buy."
Yeah, just blatantly admit to exploiting kids as laborers and consumers.
First I was mad at the industry. Now I'm mad at the kids. Same article:
On March 14, the company will release a CD and accompanying DVD of children singing songs by the new wave group Devo called, "Devo 2.0: Q: Are We Not Kids? A: We Are Devo." (The band was involved with the project and plays on the album.)
You litte tykes can sing Gwen Stefani and Weezer all you want, but get
your grubby fingers off of Devo!I think I've had enough. I'm going to retaliate by singing adult versions of children's songs. Why? Because.
Here's my adult version of the alphabet song
I can't do it. Now I've got the alphabet song in my head. Children's songs and covers
of children's songs by adults are annoying.
Love the NY times article. Here are some choice quotes:
The lack of stars also keeps costs down, because the child singers, who change with each album, are hardly in a position to ask for more money
Record stores hope that the desire for a physical product rubs off on young people.
"It's useful that they are holding in their hands something tangible," Mr. Balsam of Razor and Tie said. "It's connecting kids to music as something you buy."
Yeah, just blatantly admit to exploiting kids as laborers and consumers.
First I was mad at the industry. Now I'm mad at the kids. Same article:
On March 14, the company will release a CD and accompanying DVD of children singing songs by the new wave group Devo called, "Devo 2.0: Q: Are We Not Kids? A: We Are Devo." (The band was involved with the project and plays on the album.)
You litte tykes can sing Gwen Stefani and Weezer all you want, but get
your grubby fingers off of Devo!I think I've had enough. I'm going to retaliate by singing adult versions of children's songs. Why? Because.
Here's my adult version of the alphabet song
I can't do it. Now I've got the alphabet song in my head. Children's songs and covers
of children's songs by adults are annoying.